A little hesitation before making your first boat purchase is understandable – after all, as a new boatie you’re heading into “unchartered waters.”
Here’s a checklist you can use to bolster your confidence in your decision. If you can answer these questions, then relax – you’ve done your homework, and are making an informed decision that’s bound to be a good one. Have you:
- Decided which type of boat meets yours and your family’s needs?
- Considered where you’ll be going boating on a regular basis?
- Chosen a boat based on your lifestyle, activities and the places you want to go?
- Determined how or where you will store your boat?
- Looked into financing, insurance and licensing needs?
- Worked with a budget to make sure you can afford to both buy and operate your boat?
- Taken a boat education course?
If you answered yes to all of the above, congratulations – you’re ready to go get your feet wet!